Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 5



Day 5 weight: 229.4

Today I got to work on my legs and my back. I think legs are probably my strong point in the workout. One thing I really enjoy about P90x is the motto "do your best, and forget the rest!". It really sums up how the workout shows results. You do the best you can do, you don't let the numbers get in your head, and if you genuinely push yourself you will succeed. Another merit is the modification they show you how to do. For instance I currently struggle with pull-ups. Pull-ups have got to be one of the hardest things to do on the planet. Right up there with child birth, and watching professional curling. Even some people who are in great shape can not do a lot of pull-ups. However, the program which uses pull-ups shows you how to modify in order to build the muscle so that you CAN do them. The whole mindset of getting the word "can't" out of your dictionary and replacing it with "I currently struggle with" motivates you, as you sweat through the workout with the other participants. Went to mother's today, so i wasn't able to make my 1:30 jiujitsu, however, I'm sure class tomorrow will still kick my tail. I'm liking taking these pics of myself everyday, I think after day 90 I'm going to put them all in a video on the blog so you can see the transformation in about 2 minutes. However, the progress and pics are still to come, so check em out each day! God Bless. :D

2 comments:

  1. This made me remember when I was in elementary school and we had to do the physical fitness tests in P.E. It was so embarassing because you had to line up in front of everyone and see how many pull-ups you could do...and I couldn't even do one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you. I thnk the transformation video will be VERY cool! Looking forward to that. XOXO

    ReplyDelete